the journey  


::Sources::

Today's Scripture Text
Lives of the Saints

Please visit The Journey
[this weblog's sponsor]

All But Dissertation
Amy Welborn
Curt Jester, The
The Blog from the Core
A Catholic Blog for Lovers
A Catholic Point of View
The Christian Conscience
Consecrated Life: Sister Dianne
Crossroads Initiative: Catholic Study
Dappled Things
De Virtutibus
Disputations
Domestic Excellence
Flos Carmeli
From the Anchor Hold
Goodform
Grain of Wheat
. . .ibidem
Just Your Average Catholic Guy
Life Matters!
Monk's Progress
My Daily Crumbs
The New Pope Blog
Oblique House
PCP - Out-of-Print Catholic Books
St. Blog's Parish
[a list of Catholic blogs]
Summa Minutiae
Tenebrae
Veritas
Video meliora, proboque . . .


Contact / Help / Info:



::Past::

Earliest Blog Archives from
August 2002 to August 2003

The Daily Meditations
are available free
by email subscription:
Name:
Email Address:
Age:
Country:





Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of the faithful!
This page is powered by Blogger.
   20041129
Monday.blog

The Catholic Calendar for Monday, November 29, 2004
Monday of First Week of Advent


Scripture from Today's Liturgy of the Word:
Isaiah 4:2-6
Psalm 122:1-9
Matthew 8:5-11

A reflection on today's Sacred Scripture:

I rejoiced when I heard them say,
"Let us go to the house of the Lord."
(Psalm 122)

My Father's House

Lord Jesus, you have been trying to get through to me for a long time. From the beginning you knew that you alone could fill all the needs in my heart. You tried in countless ways to show me this. You love me so much that you even became man and laid down your life for me. But all you did for me hardly caught my attention. I was so absorbed in myself that I missed everything.

I tried to find fulfillment in other ways. I made myself the center of my own world, and I pursued my own interests. I thought I could make it on my own, but I have come to see that I was mistaken. I begin to see dimly that I cannot find happiness except in you. You know my heart. You know that I am made with an emptiness that only you can fill.

So now I am trying to make my way to you, but I am still far from heaven. On the distant horizon I see faintly the end of my earthly life, and I feel a growing sense of anticipation for the day when I will reach you. I eagerly await the day when I will see your face. You have become my one desire. I do not fear the end of life. It is not a descent into darkness, but a passage to glorious light. I will rejoice on that day when you come for me, and take my hand, and say, "Come, let us go together to my Father's house."

Lord Jesus Christ, you are my Lord and my God. Open my heart to your word that I may grow in faith. Keep me on the path of holiness that I may one day join the company of saints in singing your praise in heaven.

- John Gedbaw
(http://www.grainofwheat.net)

____________________

These meditations are also available by email subscription
©1986-2004 The Way, The Truth, The Life






Comments: Post a Comment